Skip to main content

Day 14

Day 14 (18th December)

The assignment is done and dusted and I am already feeling the withdrawal syndrome. When I began this last Monday, I wasn't confident of completing in 8 days. The credit goes not to me, but to the person who set this unrealistic deadline. Today was a bit farcical and Parkinson Law was in full play. It is deeply ingrained in all of us. We concluded at Lunch. 

Over lunch, somebody recalled my old column and recommended it to others. It was a feel good moment and a validation that I am being read. Later visited an ex-colleague and he hugged me publicly. It was embarrassing. 

Since 2019 is only 2 weeks away, time to put out my lists. Here are my top three accomplishments of 2018:
1) Teaching two courses in two different colleges for one semester each.
2) Two bylines in the Sunday Magazine of The Hindu.
3) Winning two awards for my writing - the column and the newsletter. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 68

Day 68 (25 th October) Mumbai Film Festival (aka MAMI) starts tomorrow and I am excited. We can pre-book tickets for maximum 4 films per day. The pre-booking scheduled to open at 0800 kept getting delayed because of some technical glitch. Finally, I could log in at ~1030 and choose my 4 films – one each from Iran, China, France and Japan. The 3 Asian films have a Rotten Tomatoes score in high 90s. The Japanese film won the Palme d’or at Cannes this year. The French film is by the legendary Jean Luc Godard. I am specially excited by this as it won a special Palme d’or for what the jury described as “a film outside of time and space”. Cinema is not just entertainment for me; I regard it as a serious art form. I have prepared my mind for tomorrow’s films by reading semantic review like this one . I also collected my delegate kit. The catalogue weighs more than a kilo. All set for bingeing on world cinema.

Day 78

Day 78 (15th October) I had a lot on my plate today but returned home to a non-responsive computer. The frustration mounted as I kept attempting to revive it. Technical Support numbers were non-existent. And I had almost reconciled to replacing a crashed harddisk. But just few minutes before the computer has risen like a Phoenix. It is time to take the warnings seriously and do some proactive maintenance. 

Day 86

Day 86 (7 th October) Today was the kind of day when I did not achieve much; yet I didn’t waste my time. Preparation for tomorrow’s lecture brought fresh insights. This is the joy of teaching. PS – This blog is now 2 weeks old and it is helping me to channelise my positive energy.