Skip to main content

Day 26

Day 26 (6th December)

I am in Bangalore since last 6 days and the task is not fully completed yet. I cannot wait here indefinitely. So we went to Residency Road to seize the bull by its horns. And it seems to have worked. But I am not celebrating yet. 

On the way back we stopped at the legendary Thom's Bakery in Fraser Town to pick up Plum Cakes and other goodies. 

News about my column - Chemingineering - winning an award came late in the evening. I am happy but not delirious. Coincidentally, the 24th edition of the column was mailed out today, 2 weeks ahead of schedule. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 68

Day 68 (25 th October) Mumbai Film Festival (aka MAMI) starts tomorrow and I am excited. We can pre-book tickets for maximum 4 films per day. The pre-booking scheduled to open at 0800 kept getting delayed because of some technical glitch. Finally, I could log in at ~1030 and choose my 4 films – one each from Iran, China, France and Japan. The 3 Asian films have a Rotten Tomatoes score in high 90s. The Japanese film won the Palme d’or at Cannes this year. The French film is by the legendary Jean Luc Godard. I am specially excited by this as it won a special Palme d’or for what the jury described as “a film outside of time and space”. Cinema is not just entertainment for me; I regard it as a serious art form. I have prepared my mind for tomorrow’s films by reading semantic review like this one . I also collected my delegate kit. The catalogue weighs more than a kilo. All set for bingeing on world cinema.

Day 78

Day 78 (15th October) I had a lot on my plate today but returned home to a non-responsive computer. The frustration mounted as I kept attempting to revive it. Technical Support numbers were non-existent. And I had almost reconciled to replacing a crashed harddisk. But just few minutes before the computer has risen like a Phoenix. It is time to take the warnings seriously and do some proactive maintenance. 

Day 86

Day 86 (7 th October) Today was the kind of day when I did not achieve much; yet I didn’t waste my time. Preparation for tomorrow’s lecture brought fresh insights. This is the joy of teaching. PS – This blog is now 2 weeks old and it is helping me to channelise my positive energy.