Skip to main content

Day 27

Day 27 (5th December)

What a day! So much to be happy and grateful about.

I am almost through with the 3D printing piece. My column is ready a fortnight before the deadline. The market for 3D printing is expected to grow globally to $63 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 23.7%. And novel materials provided by the chemical industry will accelerate this growth. Almost all big chemical companies are queuing up to claim a share of this pie. 

I am breathing a little easy now. The face to face meeting has cleared many cobwebs in my mind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 68

Day 68 (25 th October) Mumbai Film Festival (aka MAMI) starts tomorrow and I am excited. We can pre-book tickets for maximum 4 films per day. The pre-booking scheduled to open at 0800 kept getting delayed because of some technical glitch. Finally, I could log in at ~1030 and choose my 4 films – one each from Iran, China, France and Japan. The 3 Asian films have a Rotten Tomatoes score in high 90s. The Japanese film won the Palme d’or at Cannes this year. The French film is by the legendary Jean Luc Godard. I am specially excited by this as it won a special Palme d’or for what the jury described as “a film outside of time and space”. Cinema is not just entertainment for me; I regard it as a serious art form. I have prepared my mind for tomorrow’s films by reading semantic review like this one . I also collected my delegate kit. The catalogue weighs more than a kilo. All set for bingeing on world cinema.

Day 78

Day 78 (15th October) I had a lot on my plate today but returned home to a non-responsive computer. The frustration mounted as I kept attempting to revive it. Technical Support numbers were non-existent. And I had almost reconciled to replacing a crashed harddisk. But just few minutes before the computer has risen like a Phoenix. It is time to take the warnings seriously and do some proactive maintenance. 

Day 86

Day 86 (7 th October) Today was the kind of day when I did not achieve much; yet I didn’t waste my time. Preparation for tomorrow’s lecture brought fresh insights. This is the joy of teaching. PS – This blog is now 2 weeks old and it is helping me to channelise my positive energy.