Skip to main content

Day 19

Day 19 (13th December)

Another exhausting day. But so satisfying because I am making a very meaningful contribution. Setting the target, steering the team, building consensus. I am in the thick of hardcore engineering again and loving it totally. Absorbing the energy of young people to invigorate myself. Halfway through the assignment. 4 more days to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 68

Day 68 (25 th October) Mumbai Film Festival (aka MAMI) starts tomorrow and I am excited. We can pre-book tickets for maximum 4 films per day. The pre-booking scheduled to open at 0800 kept getting delayed because of some technical glitch. Finally, I could log in at ~1030 and choose my 4 films – one each from Iran, China, France and Japan. The 3 Asian films have a Rotten Tomatoes score in high 90s. The Japanese film won the Palme d’or at Cannes this year. The French film is by the legendary Jean Luc Godard. I am specially excited by this as it won a special Palme d’or for what the jury described as “a film outside of time and space”. Cinema is not just entertainment for me; I regard it as a serious art form. I have prepared my mind for tomorrow’s films by reading semantic review like this one . I also collected my delegate kit. The catalogue weighs more than a kilo. All set for bingeing on world cinema.

Day 3

Day 3 (29th December) 2 more days to shut down this blog. This 100-day blog has been an experiment. It was not meant to be a daily journal because I already have one. It was intended to be reflective, a stream-of-consciousness narrative and I am not sure if I succeeded in that objective. Looking back, I find some of the entries mirroring my diary. When I started this blog, I was sceptical about daily updates. But they have happened almost everyday and I am quite pleased with my discipline. Now only if this can spill over into 2019.  Research for the February column began today. Next year I will be writing 2 monthly columns. Will that leave me time for my book? If I don't write the book in 2019, it would most probably never happen. Columns work because of external deadline. Who will push the book? 

Day 78

Day 78 (15th October) I had a lot on my plate today but returned home to a non-responsive computer. The frustration mounted as I kept attempting to revive it. Technical Support numbers were non-existent. And I had almost reconciled to replacing a crashed harddisk. But just few minutes before the computer has risen like a Phoenix. It is time to take the warnings seriously and do some proactive maintenance.